The International Association of Schools and Institutes of Administration (IASIA) is an association of organisations and individuals whose activities and interests focus on public administration and management. Its main emphasis is on the development and use of human resources. IASIA is a not-for-profit association supported by membership fees, income from services, the voluntary services of its members and contributions from funding organisations.
From a concept first articulated in Vienna in 1962, the Association, which is a constituent organ of the International Institute of Administrative Sciences (IIAS), was formally incorporated in Rome during the IIAS Congress of 1971.IASIA is part of a larger family including :
The LAGPA (Latin American Group for Public Administration)
The AGPA (Asian Group for Public Administration)
In pursuit of this aim, IASIA seeks
- to provide an opportunity for personnel of member organisations and individual members to exchange information, ideas, experiences and materials on issues and developments of common interest, through its annual conference;
- to study public sector management and public policy issues and developments of current and future concern; to advance the professional knowledge, expertise and development thereof, through its working groups and study groups;
- to foster international and regional support for and interest in public service education/training, management development and increased management capacity in the public sector, through cooperation with national and international organizations in taskforces; and
- to initiate accreditation activities on behalf of institutes and schools, through its Commission on the International Accreditation of Public Administration Programs (CIAPA).
To realize its objectives, the IASIA implements the following actions::
- Organizing Annual Conferences
- Setting up and managing Research/Working Groups
- Publishing books
- Cooperating through international taskforces
- Accreditating through CIAPA